||Name of the Technology/Product
||“Jai Gopal” Vermiculture Technology
||Specifications and salient technical features
- A new Indian earthworm species “Jai Gopal” (Perionyx ceylanesis) is developed through selection and mating plan which is better than exotic earthworm Eisenea foetida, Eudrilus eugeneae with reference to following characters:
- High fecundity
- Heat tolerance up to 430 C ambient temperature
- Harbour on animal and agro-based
- Voracious feeder
- Very rich in protein (contain 67% protein and all functional amino-acids).
- Breeding throughout the year except in very low temperature.
- Act as Bio-reactor to multiply beneficial soil and decomposition of micro-organisms.
- Superior quality of vermicast and nutriwash
- Long life span than prevailing exotic earthworm species.
- Smallest period of interval from hatchling to maturity.
||Performance results (efficiency, feasibility, durability etc)
- Ability to adopt variable temperature 20 to 430 C ambient temperature.
- No. of hatchling per cocoon, No. of cocoon per week, No. of earthworm population in three months, long life span economic characters are better in “Jai Gopal” than exotic earthworm species.
- Very good capability of inhabiting on animal and farm waste.
- Validated their recycling ability, survivability and feasibility in 25 districts of U.P., Uttarakhand, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar and Gujrat.
||Technology cost (License fee)
||Cost of transfer of technology will be decided by ZTM-BPD Unit of IVRI, Izatnagar-243 122.
||How the unit innovative/new technology will impact the income of the entrepreneurs; its benefits over old products in terms of savings in cost of production, inputs, timeliness; and other pertinent information
||The newly developed indigenous earthworm species strain “Jai Gopal” recycles animal and agro waste very fast and convert in very good superior quality of vermicast and nutriwash. It promotes beneficial soil and decomposition of micro-organisms.
- This technology is a very cheap, eco-friendly and enhancing soil health which has direct impact on health of plants, animal and human beings.
- This technology is pro-poor, pro-women, pro-environment and pro-farmer.
- This can be used in every village and municipality of our country for recycling.
- It is beneficial for sustainable agriculture and animal husbandry.
- The utilization of huge amount of biodegradable animal and farm waste results in several benefits to farmers, industries, environment and overall national economy.
- Earthworms can also be used as source of animal feed protein for poultry, fish and sucking pigs.
- Establishment of vermiculture and vermibiomanure production unit is an ideal cottage industry in India.
||Status of commercialization/IP rights etc
||Commercialized/sold Jai Gopal vermiculture technology is sold @ Rs. 20,000 + 12.36% service tax to Indian citizen.(Around Rs. 19,13,965.00 revenue has been generated)
||If commercialized, name and addresses of the firms/entrepreneurs to whom the technology has been transferred
||The vermiculture indigenous earthworm species “Jai Gopal” has been sold to:
- U.P. Diversified Agriculture Support Project (U.P.D.A.S.P.)
- I.A.R.I., New Delhi
- IISRI, Lucknow
- Shri S. S. Chauhan, village Kanja bhadahi, Bilsanda, Philibhit
- Naresh Pal Singh, Akha, Bareilly.
- Farm Manager, Bull Mother Farm, Junoni Solapur (Maharastra)
- Air force, Bareilly
- Military Farms
- Goushalas of different states
- CEPHET, Abohar, Punjab
- Farmers of U.P., Uttarakhand, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar and Gujarat
- CSWCRTI, Chhaleshar, Agra and Kota (Raj.)
- Forest Department of Uttar Pradesh.
||Special regulatory requirements (for example confirming to the norms of food safety and standards authority of India (FSSAI)/bio safety standards/other standards)
||This new Earthworm Strain is developed through selection and mating plan. It is a indigenous and eco-friendly and pro-sustainable agriculture. It is not hazardous for plants, animals, human beings and flora and fauna of the soil, so no special regulatory requirements required.
||Indicative photographs with proper lighting (image size not exceeding 500kb, jpeg)
||1.) New Animal and Farm Waste processing Indian Earthworm species “Jai Gopal” developed by IVRI, Izatnagar
||2.) Cocoons of new garbage processing Indian Earthworm species "Jai Gopal".
||Contact details of person to whom technology and further details can be obtained (information on the postal address, email, telephone, fax etc)
||Dr. Ran Vir Singh
Animal Genetics Division
Indian Veterinary Research Institute
Izatnagar- 243 122 ,U.P., India
Ph: +91-581- 2303382
Mob: +91- 9412509889
Fax No. 91-581-2303284
||Source of availability/firm
- Director, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar- 243 122 (UP)
Phone No. : 0581-2300096
Fax No. 0581-2303284
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-charge, Zonal Technology Management–Business Planning and Development (ZTM-BPD) Unit, IVRI, Izatnagar-243 122 (UP)
Mobile No. 9319097484
Fax No. 0581-2311111
Email : email@example.com