» Biochemistry & Food Science Section
Sir Percival Hartley was the first biochemist to join this institute in the year 1909. A section of biochemistry was created in the division of Physiology and Pharmacology during the fourth plan. Post graduate teaching in biochemistry started in the year 1971. Department of biochemistry became independent in 1972. Division of biochemistry and food science came into existence in 1975.