» Division of Epidemiology
Division of Epidemiology came in existence on 01-09-1972 with the following objectives:
- To generate precise information on epidemiology of important diseases of animals which cause heavy economic losses due to high morbidity and mortality.
- To generate information about the inter-epidemiological reservoirs, host range, transmission, spread and genetic (species) susceptibility and role of wild animals in respect to economically important animal diseases.
- Study of epidemiology of existing and emerging animal diseases in relation to various influences including ecological aspects of host as well as of parasites, activation of indigenous infections and spread of exogenous infectious agents.
- To conduct research concerning the field investigation and epidemiological surveys.
- To provide consultancy services to state and central agencies in field of investigation, control and prevention of important animal diseases.
In July 2004 it was merged in CADRAD, and again recreated on 31st December 2013 with revised objectives