In service candidates from ICAR Institutes, Central/State Agricultural/Veterinary
Universities and other Central/State Government Organization/Departments will be
considered for PhD degree programmes only if they are sponsored by their employers
on deputation terms/study leave subject to fulfillment of eligibility requirements
already mentioned for open candidates.
The in-service (Sponsored candidates) may submit an advance copy of the application
form alongwith the prescribed fee as per schedule mentioned in the Information Bulletin.
Through proper channel copy of application form duly signed the sponsored certificate
by the employer should reach on or before the date of admission.
Sponsored (In-service) candidates of ICAR, Central/State Agricultural/Veterinary
Universities, Central/State Govt. Departments, etc. for promoting faculty up-gradation
may depute their faculty/employees for admission to Doctoral Programme subject to
the following conditions:
- The candidate must be sponsored by his/her employer. The eligible candidates will have to appear and qualify in the written examination for PhD admission as per university notification and Information Bulletin. Separate merit list will be prepared for the eligible sponsored candidates in each discipline. The result of eligible candidates will be displayed on IVRI website.
- One Sponsored (In-service) candidate shall be admitted in the PhD degree programme in each discipline over and above the normal seats.
- Foreign students seeking admission shall forward their applications
through their respective Embassies at New Delhi or through their
respective Indian Missions abroad to the Government of India/Deputy
Director General (Education), ICAR, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi for
consideration of their eligibility for admission, etc. The foreign nominees
are also required to possess the required qualifications. However, no
percentage of marks is fixed for them.
- Foreign students having DVM Degree will have to undergo for at least
one year (two semesters) deficiency courses of 30-35 credit hours, if
they want to take admission to the Ph.D. degree programme at this
- Foreign students sponsored for study at this Institute should arrive at
Bareilly, preferably one week before the opening of the academic
session to acquaint themselves with the activities of the Institute and
to attend the orientation programme. They should contact the Assistant
Administrative Officer (Acad.) at the University Office upon arrival for
obtaining guidance concerning registration procedure, campus location
and all other matters.
- Foreign students seeking admission to this Institute are required to
give an undertaking for undergoing medical examination including HIV
test after arrival in India and their admission will be finalised only after
the medical tests have been completed and they are declared fit.