» About IVRI

Milestone

  • 1889
    Foundation of Imperial Bacteriological Laboratory (IBL) at Pune, Maharashtra
  • 1890
    Appointment of Dr. Alfred Lingard, a noted medical scientist as the founder Director
  • 1893
    Shifting of the IBL to Mukteswar, Kumaon Hills of Uttar Pradesh (now in Uttarakhand)
  • 1897
    Historical visit of renowned bacteriologists, Dr. Robert Koch, Dr. R. Pfeiffer and Dr. G. Gaffky to Mukteswar campus
  • 1899
    Production of first batch of anti-rinderpest serum
  • 1913
    Birth of Izatnagar campus
  • 1925
    Renaming as Imperial Institute of Veterinary Research
  • 1930
    Renaming as Imperial Veterinary Serum Institute
  • 1936
    Renaming as Imperial Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI)
  • 1940
    Development of vaccine against Ranikhet disease of poultry
  • 1947
    Shifting of Headquarters of the Institute from Mukteswar to Izatnagar and renaming as Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) under Govt. of India
  • 1958
    Establishment of a Postgraduate College of Animal Sciences at Mukteswar, affiliated to Agra University
  • 1966
    Transfer of administrative control to Indian Council of Agricultural Research and recognition as a National Institute
  • 1967
    Establishment of Regional Station at Palampur (Himachal Pradesh)
  • 1970
    Establishment of a Regional Station at Kolkata (formerly Calcutta)
  • 1971
    Establishment of IVRI Campus at Bangalore
  • 1973
    Development of irradiated lung worm vaccine and establishment of Vaccine Production Centre at Srinagar
  • 1982
    Establishment of Germplasm Centre at Izatnagar
  • 1983
    Conferment of Deemed University status by University Grants Commission to IVRI, Izatnagar
  • 1986
    Establishment of National Biotechnology Centre (NBC) at Izatnagar
  • 1986
    Establishment of a Centre for Animal Disease Research and Diagnosis (CADRAD) at Izatnagar
  • 1998
    Establishment of High Security Animal Disease Laboratory at Bhopal
  • 2000
    Dedication of High Security Animal Disease Laboratory to the Nation
  • 2001
    Development of competitive-ELISA diagnostic kit for rinderpest, approved by OIE and validated by IAH, Pirbright, UK.
  • 2001
    Creation of P2 facility for FMD vaccine quality control at Animal Experimental Station, Yelhanka, IVRI, Bangalore
  • 2001
    Conferment of Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institution Award
  • 2002
    Development of live modified PPR vaccine
  • 2004
    Establishment of Kisan Call Centre at Izatnagar
  • 2004
    Inauguration of University-cum-Administrative Block
  • 2004
    Dedication of Polyclinic to the Nation
  • 2005
    Award of ISO 9001: 2000 Certificate by International Certificate Services Asia to CADRAD
  • 2007
    Establishment of video conferencing facility
  • 2007
    Kisan Help Line at Mukteswar campus
  • 2009
    HSADL, IVRI Campus, Bhopal was recognized as OIE approved Referral laboratory for diagnosis of HPAI
  • 2009
    Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) Animal Facility was established at HSADL, IVRI Campus Bhopal
  • 2009
    Establishment of Zonal Technology Management -Business Planing and Development Unit(North Zone)
  • 2010
    Conferment of Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institution Award for the year 2009
  • 2012
    Erection of Commemorative piller on Global Rinderpest Eradication at Mukteswar
  • 2013
    Creation of Centenary Pillar at Izatnagar Campus
  • 2014
    Release of Special Postal on the occasion of Quasqicentennial celebration of IVRI.
  • 2014
    Vero cell adapted sheeppox vaccine developed from indigenous virus starin
  • 2015
    Establishment of Training and Education Center at Pune

ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute

भा कृ अनु प-भारतीय पशु-चिकित्सा अनुसंधान संस्थान

Visitor number: 5659913
Site Last Updated on: 07 July 2015 at 16:04:37

Developed and Maintained by ARIS Cell, IVRI.
© 2014 reserved with IVRI